By CTU Training Solutions · March 11, 2022 2:48 pm
CTU Training Solutions’ top students from the class of 2021 were announced and celebrated at the Awards Ceremonies on the third of March 2022.
The main event took place at the Centurion Theatre and was streamed to all the other campuses that hosted their own events for their students. Johrné van Huyssteen, the master of ceremonies, ensured that the event was filled with laughter.
Before the awards were handed over, the students received congratulations messages and words of encouragement from Juanie Newby (CEO, CTU Training Solutions), Dr. Abhinanda Gautam (Academic Dean, CTU Training Solutions), and the guest speaker Sharmane Naidoo (Executive Head: Human Resources for Nedbank’s Africa Regions Business).
“The class of 2021 is the second class to have survived a complete overhaul in the way education is delivered – all while navigating your way through the challenges of a global pandemic. That is pretty impressive, and I’d like to thank you all – the students, parents, and CTU staff – for doing what you needed to do to get through the year,” Juanie said.
Sharmane Naidoo added that “now comes great responsibility. You have been empowered through your studies so now you have to take on this responsibility. It’s an exciting time, even though it’s scary.”
The words of motivation for Dr. Abhinanda were “it’s your power, passion, and determination that’s going to help you to excel and scale new heights.”
We want to congratulate the following top students:
- Project Management 1: Refilwe Nkadimang – Auckland Park
- Project Management 2: Kaitlin Heane Greenland – Polokwane
- HR Management & Practices: Nontembeko Bam – Stellenbosch
- Generic Management 1: Sarel Tiaan Herbst – Boksburg
- Generic Management 2: Alwyn van Niekerk – Boksburg
- Tourism Management Level 7: Retshegofaditswe Pheto – Potchefstroom
- Tourism Management Level 6: Jamie-Lee Kleinhans – Roodepoort
- Tourism Management Level 5: Ndlovukazi Nkondo – Pretoria
- Tourism Management Level 4: Anita du Plessis – Bloemfontein
- Tourism Management Level 3: Dianne Squire – Vereeniging
- Higher Certificate in Management: Rachel McKenzie – Potchefstroom
- IT Technical Support: Reinard du Plessis – Roodepoort
- IT Cloud Solutions Administrator: Yumna Muhammad – Polokwane
- IT Cloud Solutions Engineer: Henco Coetzee – Potchefstroom
- Web Development 1: Stefan Engelbrecht – Vereeniging
- Web Development 2: Kiyara Abrahams – Roodepoort
- Programming Foundation: Martin Hilligen – Vereeniging
- Software Development: Jason Aspeling – Vereeniging
- App Development: Damian Lin Goncalves – Roodepoort
- Advanced App Development: Nadia Noack – Roodepoort
- Games Development: Christo Breedt – Potchefstroom
- Advanced Games Development: Juandre Duvenage – Boksburg
- Database Development: Brenden Fourie – Stellenbosch
- Cyber Security: Daron Venter – Boksburg
- AI & Machine Learning – Jurie Frans Boshoff – Pretoria
- Data Analysis – Nyirogo Moses – Auckland Park
- Diploma: IT Network Design & Administration: Pierre-Albert van der Merwe – Stellenbosch
- Computer Aided Draughting and Design 1: Kelsey Weeks – Roodepoort
- Computer Aided Draughting and Design 2: Dean van Staden – Roodepoort
- Graphic Design 1: Juanita Campanario – Roodepoort
- Graphic Design 2: Gene Groenewald – Gqerberha (Port Elizabeth)
- Diploma in Visual Communication: Tiffany Mc Alister – Pretoria
- Higher Certificate in Graphic Design: Denique Nel – Pretoria
- Business Management N6: Charne Hugo – Pretoria
- Human Resource Management N6: Rebaone Afrika – Pretoria
After the ceremony, the students, parents, and guests were invited to enjoy something to eat and drink and mingle with the staff and other guests.
CTU is very proud of every top student and wishes them well in their future endeavours.
CTU also has an award for students who exceed expectations despite their circumstances every year. This award is called the “Against all odds” award, and this year the winner is Timothy May, a Programming Foundation student from Cape Town. Timothy experienced the loss of both his grandparents, with whom he and his mother lived during the COVID global pandemic. Having limited access to resources and the subsequent financial strains, it became challenging for Timothy to attend all classes.
With the help of his facilitator, Timothy worked extremely hard and managed to catch up on more than one month of classes/lessons. He never once complained or used his challenges as an excuse not to submit or write a test.
Through his continuous hard work, extra hours, self-motivation, and determination, he made it possible to pass his year of studies with great success. He managed to overcome his obstacles and achieve his goals.
We salute you. Congratulations and well done!
– CTU is celebrating 35 years of excellence in 2022 –