Get a Standard Bank/ABSA Student Loan (Facilitated through the CTU Enrolment Officer) to pay for your studies and make your dreams a reality. Let us help you to finance your studies with an affordable student loan.
CTU’s Enrolment Officer will apply for a Standard Bank/ABSA student loan on your behalf.
If you are a full time student, you will also get the Standard Bank/ABSA transaction account that best suits your needs when your student loan is approved. You can use the money from your student loan to pay for your tuition fees and accommodation (if you are a full time student not living at home).
How it works
Accessing your Student Loan account: Tuition and accommodation will be paid directly to CTU and your place of residence.
Insurance for your Student loan: We recommend that you take out a Personal Loan Protection Plan to pay the outstanding balance on your loan in the event of death, dread disease or disability.
What else do you need to know
- Student loans are granted for a specific year of study and you will have to reapply for each year of registration.
- There is a maximum amount granted for each year of study.
- A once-off initiation fee and monthly service fee will be charged on your student loan.
- If you are a full time student, you will only need to start repaying your loan on completion of your studies.
- Your surety will need to pay the monthly interest and service fees during your time of studies. The payments will be charged to your surety’s bank account.
- You will be granted a grace period for capital repayments after you have completed your studies and before being employed. If you are a part time student you will need to repay your loan while you are studying.
- Monthly payments must be made by debit order.
- If you do not complete your studies you will be required to repay your loan immediately.
- Once your loan is in repayment the monthly repayments will not change.
- If you are a part time student the monthly repayment will change whenever you increase the limit on your loan while studying.
The repayment period of your loan will be affected by one or more of the following:
- Paying more than the minimum monthly instalment
- Changes in the interest rate
How to apply
We understand that applying for a student loan can be intimidating. Our enrolment officer will gladly assist you in facilitating your application.
You need to be a registered CTU student or be a prospective student that has received a provisional letter of acceptance to apply for a student loan through our enrolment officer.
- Full time student;
- A part time student earning an income of less than R5 000 a month; or
- A minor (under the age of 18 years).
You will need to have someone to sign as surety who is acceptable to us. This person will need to earn a minimum income of R5 000 a month. (Part time students who earn R5000 or more do not require a surety.)
You will receive an instant outcome after the CTU enrolment officer completes your online application.
You will need to take the following documents to your selected campus if your loan is provisionally approved:
|Documents||Full Time Student||Part Time Student (income is more than R5000)||Surety|
|Three months’ bank statements (Non-Standard Bank/ABSA customers)||X||X|
|Proof of cost (CTU will provide tuition fee information. Please include a quotation for your accommodation should you want to include this in your loan application)||X||X|
|Proof of residence (e.g. utility bill, not older than 3 months)||X||X||X|
|Proof of acceptance from the tertiary institute||X||X|
|Latest academic results||X||X|
For general queries on your Student Loan application, contact the enrolment officer: [email protected]
From time to time, we receive bursary opportunities from other companies. There are currently no bursaries available. Check this page regularly for bursary opportunities.