Temporary Employer / Employee Relief Scheme (TERS)
Born as a person with a disability, Ronel Roux’s tenacity and self-determination proved that hard work can break the stereotypes people living with a visual impairment face on a daily basis. Ronel has studied and received many qualifications both in the IT and Educational Sectors and is proof of her dream today; changing the lives of people in all areas. Having an avid passion for skills development, Ronel has been involved in the skills development process for many corporate institutions over the last 22 years, some clients include Young & Rubicam South Africa, GAAP Point of Sale & HP SA. A vast knowledge of the SETA procedures and skills development legislation, makes Ronel one of the leaders in Skills Development in South Africa. Founder of the Black Swan Development Group (BSDG) & ironWILL, Ronel continues to contribute towards strategic skills development, education, empowerment and transformation as a mentor in the corporate environment.
- Qualified MCT, Facilitator, Assessor, Moderator, Verifier, SDF & Courseware Designer
- Completed studies in IT, Human Resources, Labour Law, Skills Development, Employment Equity, Quality Management & Courseware Development (There are others but we don’t mention them LOL)
- Working in the Corporate Educational Environment with a team where we look at strategic solutions to BBBEE, EE & SD.
- SDF specialist and have been working in corporate education with the SETA’s since 2000. ( I suddenly feel old)
- Very passionate about upskilling people and ensuring ROI in a company
- Own company specialising in SD Compliance & Functions
Date: 06 May 2020
Venue: Online Microsoft Teams
The Temporary Employer / Employee Relief Scheme or Training Layoff Scheme as it is also known opens doors to much needed opportunities. Many small, medium and large enterprises that are experiencing financial distress caused by circumstances that include – but is not limited to the COVID-19 – pandemic stand to benefit from this scheme. In this valuable online information session you will receive details on eligibility of companies for financial assistance – not only for employee salaries but also for training of employees for new or altered job roles. The difference between the COVID-19 and TERS fund; the concept of training layoffs; aspects and delivery of the scheme; application & requirements and more will be elaborated on.
- Temporary Employer / Employee Relief Scheme
- The difference between the TERS and Covid-19 Fund
- What is the Temporary Employer / Employee Relief Scheme?
- What is a training layoff?
- Main Aspects of the Scheme
- Delivery of Scheme
- The Central Adjudication Committee
- Applications & Requirements