Computer Literacy Course
Basic computer terminology
What is a computer?
What is an operating system?
What are the major physical components of the computer?
What is the desktop?
- Quick Launch Toolbar
- Start menu
- My Computer
- Task Manager
- Right-click on Desktop>Properties
What are the major components of a window?
- Windows and its components
- Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons
- Title bar
Navigating a webpage
- Web site
- Home page
- Search engine
- Web browsing (IE, Netscape, Mozilla)
- menu options
- minimize, maximize and close
- Create a new folder.
- Copy/Move files from one folder to another.
- Drag and Drop files.
- Create different file types with varying extensions.
- Create a shortcut to an often-used file or application.
- Utilize the hard drive and other drives for file management.
- Rename/Delete a folder or file.
- Use the Recycle Bin appropriately.