220-901: CompTIA A+ Hardware
- 1.1 Given a scenario, configure settings and use BIOS/UEFI tools on a PC.
- 1.2 Explain the importance of motherboard components, their purpose, and properties.
- 1.3 Compare and contrast various RAM types and their features.
- 1.4 Install and configure PC expansion cards.
- 1.5 Install and configure storage devices and use appropriate media.
- 1.6 Install various types of CPUs and apply the appropriate cooling methods.
- 1.7 Compare and contrast various PC connection interfaces, their characteristics and purpose.
- 1.8 Install a power supply based on given specifications.
- 1.9 Given a scenario, select the appropriate components for a custom PC configuration, to meet customer specifications or needs.
- 1.10 Compare and contrast types of display devices and their features.
- 1.11 Identify common PC connector types and associated cables.
- 1.12 Install and configure common peripheral devices.
- 1.13 Install SOHO multifunction device / printers and configure appropriate settings.
- 1.14 Compare and contrast differences between the various print technologies and the associated imaging process.
- 1.15 Given a scenario, perform appropriate printer maintenance.
220-901: CompTIA A+ Networking
- 2.1 Identify the various types of network cables and connectors.
- 2.2 Compare and contrast the characteristics of connectors and cabling.
- 2.3 Explain the properties and characteristics of TCP/IP.
- 2.4 Explain common TCP and UDP ports, protocols, and their purpose.
- 2.5 Compare and contrast various WiFi networking standards and encryption types.
- 2.6 Given a scenario, install and configure SOHO wireless/wired router and apply appropriate settings.
- 2.7 Compare and contrast Internet connection types, network types, and their features.
- 2.8 Compare and contrast network architecture devices, their functions, and features.
- 2.9 Given a scenario, use appropriate networking tools.
220-901: CompTIA A+ Mobile Devices
- 3.1 Install and configure laptop hardware and components.
- 3.2 Explain the function of components within the display of a laptop.
- 3.3 Given a scenario, use appropriate laptop features.
- 3.4 Explain the characteristics of various types of other mobile devices.
- 3.5 Compare and contrast accessories & ports of other mobile devices.
220-901: CompTIA A+ Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
- 4.1 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common problems related to motherboards, RAM, CPU and power with appropriate tools.
- 4.2 Given a scenario, troubleshoot hard drives and RAID arrays with appropriate tools.
- 4.3 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common video, projector and display issues.
- 4.4 Given a scenario, troubleshoot wired and wireless networks with appropriate tools.
- 4.5 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and repair common mobile device issues while adhering to the appropriate procedures.
- 4.6 Given a scenario, troubleshoot printers with appropriate tools.
220-902: CompTIA A+ Windows Operating Systems
- 1.1 Compare and contrast various features and requirements of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1).
- 1.2 Given a scenario, install Windows PC operating systems using appropriate methods.
- 1.3 Given a scenario, apply appropriate Microsoft command line tools.
- 1.4 Given a scenario, use appropriate Microsoft operating system features and tools.
- 1.5 Given a scenario, use Windows Control Panel utilities.
- 1.6 Given a scenario, install and configure Windows networking on a client/desktop.
- 1.7 Perform common preventive maintenance procedures using the appropriate Windows
220-902: CompTIA A+ Other Operating Systems and Technologies
- 2.1 Identify common features and functionality of the Mac OS and Linux operating systems.
- 2.2 Given a scenario, setup and use client-side virtualization.
- 2.3 Identify basic cloud concepts.
- 2.4 Summarize the properties and purpose of services provided by networked hosts.
- 2.5 Identify basic features of mobile operating systems.
- 2.6 Install and configure basic mobile device network connectivity and email.
- 2.7 Summarize methods and data related to mobile device synchronization.
220-902: CompTIA A+ Security
- 3.1 Identify common security threats and vulnerabilities.
- 3.2 Compare and contrast common prevention methods.
- 3.3 Compare and contrast differences of basic Windows OS security settings.
- 3.4 Given a scenario, deploy and enforce security best practices to secure a workstation.
- 3.5 Compare and contrast various methods for securing mobile devices.
- 3.6 Given a scenario, use appropriate data destruction and disposal methods.
- 3.7 Given a scenario, secure SOHO wireless and wired networks.
220-902: CompTIA A+ Software Troubleshooting
- 4.1 Given a scenario, troubleshoot PC operating system problems with appropriate tools.
- 4.2 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common PC security issues with appropriate tools and best practices.
- 4.3 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common mobile OS and application issues with appropriate tools.
- 4.4 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common mobile OS and application security issues with
220-902: CompTIA A+ Operational Procedures
- 5.1 Given a scenario, use appropriate safety procedures.
- 5.2 Given a scenario with potential environmental impacts, apply the appropriate controls.
- 5.3 Summarize the process of addressing prohibited content/activity, and explain privacy,
- 5.4 Demonstrate proper communication techniques and professionalism.
- 5.5 Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting theory.
N10-006: CompTIA Network+
- 1.0 Network architecture
- 1.1 Explain the functions and applications of various network devices
- 1.2 Compare and contrast the use of networking services and applications
- 1.3 Install and configure the following networking services/applications
- 1.4 Explain the characteristics and benefits of various WAN technologies
- 1.5 Install and properly terminate various cable types and connectors using appropriate tools
- 1.6 Differentiate between common network topologies
- 1.7 Differentiate between network infrastructure implementations
- 1.8 Given a scenario, implement and configure the appropriate addressing schema
- 1.9 Explain the basics of routing concepts and protocols
- 1.10 Identify the basics elements of unified communication technologies
- 1.11 Compare and contrast technologies that support cloud and virtualization
- 1.12 Given a set of requirements, implement a basic network
2.0 Network operations
- 2.1 Given a scenario, use appropriate monitoring tools
- 2.2 Given a scenario, analyze metrics and reports from monitoring and tracking performance tools
- 2.3 Given a scenario, use appropriate resources to support configuration management
- 2.4 Explain the importance of implementing network segmentation
- 2.5 Given a scenario, install and apply patches and updates
- 2.6 Given a scenario, configure a switch using proper features
- 2.7 Install and configure wireless LAN infrastructure and implement the appropriate technologies in support of wireless capable devices
3.0 Network security
- 3.1 Compare and contrast risk related concepts
- 3.2 Compare and contrast common network vulnerabilities and threats
- 3.3 Given a scenario, implement network hardening techniques
- 3.4 Compare and contrast physical security controls
- 3.5 Given a scenario, install and configure a basic firewall
- 3.6 Explain the purpose of various network access control models
- 3.7 Summarize basic forensic concepts
- 4.1 Given a scenario, implement the following network troubleshooting methodology
- 4.2 Given a scenario, analyze and interpret the output of troubleshooting tools
- 4.3 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common wireless issues
- 4.4 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common copper cable issues
- 4.5 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common fiber cable issues
- 4.6 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common network issues
- 4.7 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common security issues
- 4.8 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common WAN issues
5.0 Industry standards, practices, and network theory
- 5.1 Analyze a scenario and determine the corresponding OSI layer
- 5.2 Explain the basics of network theory and concepts
- 5.3 Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate wireless standard
- 5.4 Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate wired connectivity standard
- 5.5 Given a scenario, implement the appropriate policies or procedures
- 5.6 Summarize safety practices
- 5.7 Given a scenario, install and configure equipment in the appropriate location using best practices
- 5.8 Explain the basics of change management procedures
- 5.9 Compare and contrast the following ports and protocols
- 5.10 Given a scenario, configure and apply the appropriate ports and protocols