This is an Associate-level self-study technical course in the curriculum for the CCNA Wireless certification. It is designed for individuals who are involved in the technical management of Cisco wireless platforms and solutions, which involves installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting.
- Understand the basic RF principles and characteristics
- Understand WLAN security methods and access with differing client devices
- Define the Cisco WLAN architecture and the underling infrastructure used to support it
- Implement a Centralized wireless access network using AireOS or IOS-XE wireless LAN controllers
- Implement a Converged wireless access network using IOS-XE converged access switches and wireless LAN controllers
- Implement small and remote access wireless networks using FlexConnect, Autonomous or Cloud architectures
- Perform basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting -describe the requirements for a WLAN design
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.