This is a Professional-level self-study technical course in the curriculum for the CCNP Route & Switch certification. This is an advanced course on Cisco switching configuration. Upon completion of this course students will be able to configure and optimize a switched infrastructure using VLANS, STP, RSTP, MSTP, and HSRP. Additionally, students will be able to secure this switched infrastructure.
- Describe the hierarchical campus structure, basic switch operation, use of SDM templates, PoE, and LLDP
- Implement VLANs, trunks, explain VTP, implement DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 environment, and configure port aggregation
- Implement and optimize STP mechanism that best suits your network – PVSTP+, RPVSTP+, or MSTP
- Configure routing on a multilayer switch
- Configure NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, port mirroring, and verify StackWise and VSS operation
- Implement First Hop redundancy in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Secure campus network according to recommended practices
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.