Fine-tune your skills as a motivating manager, supervisor, or adviser with this proven self-study primer. Learn the differences between counselling and coaching–and when to apply each technique for the best results. Co...Fine-tune your skills as a motivating manager, supervisor, or adviser with this proven self-study primer. Learn the differences between counselling and coaching–and when to apply each technique for the best results. Course topics that help you identify your weaker coaching and counselling skills and build upon your stronger ones.Show MoreCourse Prerequisites:
None Add to CartRequest a Quote
Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
Attend training in a classroom environment at a campus near you. Instructor-led training is still the number one delivery method of choice because it allows you to interact and discuss the training material, either individually or in a group setting, and you gain access to expert knowledge from certified instructors. This form of guided learning is impactful and produces positive learning outcomes. Day, evening and Saturday classes are offered.
Course Price (ILT) R1,435.20
* incl. VAT
Duration 1 Day
Upcoming dates for Coaching and Counselling
Hang on... we're fetching some dates from the Course Schedule.
Part 1: Coaching and Counseling
• Definitions of Coaching and Counseling
• The Benefits of Coaching
• The Benefits of Counseling
Part 2: When to Coach or Counsel
• Developing Your Awareness
• Symptoms of Performance Problems
• Root Causes of Performance Problems
• Personal Problems that May Affect Job Performance
• Grief Reactions
• Hostility (that Could Lead to Violence)
• Chemical Dependency
Part 3: Giving and Receiving Feedback
• Making Feedback Effective
• Four Types of Feedback
• Be a Positive Role Model
Part 4: Plan and Conduct Coaching and Counseling Sessions
• Preparing for a Coaching or Counseling Session
• Ten Guidelines for Conducting a Successful Coaching Session
• Ten Guidelines for Conducting a Successful Counseling Session
• Performance Appraisal Guidelines
• What to Do When All Else Fails
• Disciplinary Action–The Last Alternative
CTU Training Solutions, Updated: July 14th, 2017
Share with friends
Request a Quote
The course information above is subject to change without notification due to market trends in the industry, legislation and/or programme version updates.
Terms and Conditions
Refer a friend
Save 23% when you register for the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching (CCNAX) course at CTU, or share it with a friend and get 5% on your course of choice!
Either way you win!
Join the CTU community
Join the CTU Community Portal and gain access to superior resources.