Protecting Your Computer
• Manage Windows Firewall.
• Manage malicious software (also called malware) protection.
• Configure Windows Update settings.
• Lock a computer.
• Manage Windows Internet Explorer security.
• Configure local user accounts.
Managing Mobile and Remote Computing
• Manage the computer power state.
• Manage network connections.
• Manage remote access to your computer.
• Connect to another computer.
• Access files stored in shared network folders when your computer is offline.
Managing Software, Disks, and Devices
• Manage software.
• Manage disks.
• Manage devices and drivers.
• Manage display settings.
• Configure multiple monitors.
• Install and configure a printer.
Managing Files and Folders
• Manage Windows Explorer settings.
• Manage and secure folders.
• Share folders.
• Search for files and folders.
• Organize files within folders.
• Manage files.
• Backup and restore files and folders.
Collaborating with Other People
• Collaborate in real time.
• Present information to an audience.
Customizing Your Windows Vista Experience
• Customize and modify the Start menu.
• Customize the taskbar.
• Personalize the appearance and sound of a computer.
• Manage the Windows Sidebar.
Optimizing and Troubleshooting Your Computer
• Increase processing speed.
• Locate troubleshooting information.
• Locate system information.
• Repair a network connection.
• Recover from software errors.
• Troubleshoot printing errors.
• Recover the operating system from a problem.
• Request and manage Remote Assistance.