Candidates for this certification administer core and advanced Windows Server workloads and services using on-premises, hybrid, and cloud technologies. These professionals should have expertise in implementing and managing on-premises and hybrid solutions, such as identity, management, compute, networking, and storage. They are also experts at performing tasks related to security, migration, monitoring, high availability, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery. These professionals use administrative tools and technologies, including Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, Azure Arc, and IaaS virtual machine administration. They also work with Azure Automation Update Management, Microsoft Defender for Identity, Azure Security Center, Azure Migrate, and Azure Monitor.
A candidate for this certification should have extensive experience working with Windows Server operating systems.
- Identity And Access Administrator
- Information Protection Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Security Engineer
- Support Engineer
- Technology Manager
- Deploy and manage Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in on-premises and cloud environments
- Manage Windows Servers and workloads in a hybrid environment
- Manage virtual machines and containers
- Implement and manage an on-premises and hybrid networking infrastructure
- Manage storage and file services
- Secure Windows Server on-premises and hybrid infrastructures
- Implement and manage Windows Server high availability
- Implement disaster recovery
- Migrate servers and workloads
- Monitor and troubleshoot Windows Server environments
- Exam AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure (beta) This exam will be available on or around December 7, 2021. This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: deploy and manage Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in on-premises and cloud environments; manage Windows Servers and workloads in a hybrid environment; manage virtual machines and containers; implement and manage an on-premises and hybrid networking infrastructure; and manage storage and file services.
- Exam AZ-801: Configuring Windows Server Hybrid Advanced Services (beta) This exam will be available on or around December 7, 2021. This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: secure Windows Server on-premises and hybrid infrastructures; implement and manage Windows Server high availability; implement disaster recovery; migrate servers and workloads; and monitor and troubleshoot Windows Server environments.