After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Introduce the Source-to-target framework.
- Discuss key features of Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 upgrade.
- Describe the system architecture that is needed to perform an upgrade from Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 or Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- List the available options for cleaning data before an upgrade.
- Describe the best practices to run an upgrade.
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft SQL Server for high upgrade performance.
- Understand project planning challenges.
- Explain the steps to upgrade code from Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 or Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Discuss ways that Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 has changed code that might affect a code upgrade.
- Review the different kinds of data upgrade scripts.
- Explain how to write source upgrade scripts.
- Describe specific strategies for writing scripts.
- Discuss some changes in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 that affect data upgrades.
- Discuss techniques for debugging scripts.
- Perform a data upgrade.