Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks:
- Introduction to International Financial Report Standards and the IASB Framework
- IAS1 – Presentation of financial statements
- IAS16 – Property, plant and equipment
- IAS40 – Investment property
- IAS36 – Impairment of assets
- IAS38 – Intangible assets
- IAS2 – Inventories
- IAS37 – Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets
- IAS17 – Leases
- Financial Instruments
- IAS10 – Events after the reporting period
- IAS18 – Revenue
- IAS19 – Employee benefits
- IAS21 – The effects of changes in foreign exchange rates
- IAS33 – Earnings per share
- IAS12 – Income taxes
- IAS8 – Accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and errors
- IAS7 – Statement of cash flows
- Consolidated financial statements
- Financial reporting requirements of the Companies Act 2008
The ICB assesses the Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks learning area by means of a Portfolio of Evidence where you are required to complete Activities (assignments) and Evaluations (tests) and then complete a final summative assessment (exam) written at an ICB assessment center. Please be sure to register for your assessment.
The Research Theory and Practice learning area is assessed by means of a short dissertation on the topic of your chosen stream, either Financial Accounting, Public Sector Accounting, Business Management or Entrepreneurship.
You will notice that, when quoted, Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks & Research Theory and Practice are priced together. Although these are separate learning areas, we recommend that they are completed together. Research Theory and Practice is not assessed by the ICB in the usual manner. Instead of five Formative Assessments and one Summative Assessment, this learning area is assessed by virtue of the submission of a short dissertation (a research study). The topics on which the research study is based are derived from the content studied in Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks. Thus, you are advised to register with ICB for both assessments at the same time, and to work on your dissertation while studying towards the completion of the Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks learning area. It is ideal to send your completed research study to the ICB at more or less the same time as your scheduled final Summative Assessment for Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks.
This course is a short course as part of a national qualification. Once you have completed this course and the remainder of the level you will receive a national diploma.