Hybrid VILT (virtual instructor-led training) learning is a blend of self-paced- and online training that incorporates virtual laboratories. Most of the theoretical material is covered in selfstudy, while practical laboratory environments are recreated using virtual instructor-led training (VILT). It provides any student who has internet availability with the opportunity to study an online course and obtain international certification from remote locations. Hybrid VILT learning is ideal for any learner wanting to obtain international certification but who is unable to come through to a campus but requires facilitator-led training. Doing an online certification has the added benefit of saving on travelling time and costs
Internet connectivity is required to join the Skype for Business online training, to access online labs, to access online textbook and for remote desktop purposes. We highly recommend using a fibre connection as these connections provide a stable connection to the Internet, a connection of 2Mbps or higher with a latency below 100ms. ADSL or 3G can also be used but these connections do not provide a stable connection and therefore performance and quality will fluctuate more often. ADLS and 3G connection of 4Mbps is required to make sure the connection has adequate bandwidth. Remember that any downloads of any sort in the background will have an effect on the capacity on the network connection.
From the Office
The same connection requirements are needed as a Home user. Keep in mind that other colleagues share the same internet bandwidth so make sure you have 2Mbps per person that is joining the Skype for Business online training. If more than one person is attending the training from the same location on the same Internet connection then 2Mbps must be available to each person, this is for the Skype for Business content being presented, reading or accessing the online textbook, and also for online or remote labs. Remember that most companies have firewalls and proxy servers that can block or limit bandwidth utilization. We strongly advice that you test these online Skype for Business meetings before hand to make sure the firewall does not block it. If possible, also test the online labs.
- 2 evenings per week according to the duration of the course
- Day training – 8:30-16:00
- Evening training -16:00-18:30
- Contact [email protected] to inquire about the next available dates
Laptop or PC or Tablet with:
- Screen resolution 1366×768 or higher
- Microphone (head set with microphone can be used)
- Speakers (head set with microphone recommended)
- Second screen (optional)
- 2Mbps per person on Fibre
- 4Mbps per person ADSL or 3G
Available on hybrid (VILT) training
- And More…
Requirements After Enrolment
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher or Microsoft Edge
- Skype for Business Online will also install add-ons to Internet Explorer
- Online labs also install Active X controlls.
- Skillpipe (for Microsoft DMOC textbooks and offline reading)
- The Skype for Business Web app will install if Skype for Business client is not installed
Joining the Training
The delegate will join the meeting via the meeting URL that will be sent by the instructor to the delegate in the form of an Outlook calendar invite. The delegate can use either Skype for Business client or Skype for Business Web App. The delegate joins the training as a Guest.
- Microphone: will be used to ask questions and have general conversation.
- Webcam: will be used by the trainer to see the delegate (not required to be switched on the entire time)
- Speakers: are for receiving voice feedback from the trainer or any other delegate that might ask a question.
Step-by-step Guide using Skype for Business Web App
- Click on the link in the invitation email that you have received
- A new window will open. If you do not have Lync/Skype for Business installed on you PC, click on Join Using Skype for Business Web App instead.Registration process
- A new window will open. Click Download and install the Skype for Business plug-in.
- Once the installation is complete, click join the meeting.
The delegate will join the meeting and move the Lync/Skype for Business window to one screen so see the trainer and any content being presented, while reading the textbook or doing online labs or remote labs on the second screen. If the delegate has a second device or tablet it can be used to read the online textbook.
If online labs are used the trainer will explain to the delegates how to access the online labs and what voucher codes to use to activate the online labs. If remote labs are used, the trainer will provide the delegates with an IP address to the PC they must remote desktop too to access their labs, as well as a username and password.
TeamViewer will be used by the trainer to access remote delegates if they experience any technical issues during class time. hybrid (vilt) training requirements after enrolment