Kick-start and complete your high school career at CTU
Flexible learning at home, or using one of our technology-driven campuses
*Grade 12 available from 2023
for a Technology-driven World
Hybrid high school of technologyStart your High School in a technology-driven hybrid learning environment. Build your resume in-school with career driven introduction courses in IT, Design, Business & Management, Engineering & Humanities
Campuses NationwideHave access to WIFI, student recreational areas and facilities. Supervision is provided to students who require more focused times for their courses. Students can transfer or use any of the CTU campuses nationwide.
Teacher and FacilitatorEach student is assigned to a subject specific teacher and facilitator. The teacher is responsible for creating lesson plans that direct the course of study students follow. Clear and concise objectives delineate what the student learns on any given day. The teacher is responsible for measuring how much information the student learns. The Teacher-Facilitator provides an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and psychological growth. They evaluate the needs and abilities of students and determines methods and techniques to best present and provide instruction and learning objectives. They monitor and implement strategies of High Impact Teaching as well as promoting personlised learning outcomes.
Virtual live lessons and interactionsLive contact time with teachers and collaborative group discussions. Using the latest conferencing technology.
- Structured Timetables.
- Monitoring of students attendance and timetabled support.
- Enhanced Curriculum.
Structured timetablesMonitoring of students attendance and timetabled support.
Enhanced curriculumStudents can choose to complete a course at one of our Tertiary Access Campuses face to face or choose some of the online options to enhance their resume.
Our CurriculumOur students complete the Enhanced National Curriculum in preparation for the IEB examinations. All examinations can be written at any of the CTU campuses, students do not need to register with the department as home school students. You will receive an accredited report as CTU is powered by Praxis Education, which is registered with the Gauteng Department of Education and IEB.
AccreditationPraxis Online School is proudly registered with the Independent Examinations Board (IEB), which is accredited by Umalusi, and known for its high educational standards and outstanding commitment to quality assessment. We employ qualified and experienced teachers who are registered with the South African Council of Educators (SACE). These aspects enable learners to be assured of quality assessment in accordance with policy.
We complete two phases of the curriculum:
- Senior Phase Grade 8 and 9.
- FET Phase Grade 10 and 11*.
*Grade 12 available from 2023
- Afrikaans First Additional Language
- isiZulu First Additional Language
- Business Studies
- Computer Applications Technology
- English Home Language
- Life Orientation
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Literacy
- Mathematics Core
- Physical Sciences
AssessmentsFormative and summative assessments with full evaluation of each student's progress is reported on academic records. Portfolio of Evidence is done in accordance to the national assessment policies.
Grades 8 - 11*Complete your IEB private schooling online. Make use of any of our 11 campuses nationwide for access to superior facilities and student life.
*Grade 12 available from 2023
Affordable SchoolingComplete a competitive IEB Matric for R 1 950.00 per month. 12 month payment structure
Meet our staff or tour the campusMeet with experts for placement and subject advice. Tour the campus nearest to you.
Start your applicationRegistrations open for 2022 for Grade 8,9,10 and 11 Applications for Grade 12 intake to commence in 2023
Hybrid high school of technologyStart your high school in a technology-driven hybrid learning environment. Build your resume in-school with career driven introduction courses in IT, Design, Business & Management, Engineering & Humanities. CTU Training Solutions is a private tertiary education provider and has been developing skilled professionals since 1987. Our national qualifications and international vendor-related certifications are updated regularly according to industry standards and pave the road to success for our graduates entering future jobs introduced by the 4th Industrial Revolution. CTU is powered by Praxis Education registered with the Independent Examinations Board (IEB), which is accredited by Umalusi, and known for its high educational standards and outstanding commitment to quality assessment. We employ qualified and experienced teachers who are registered with the South African Council of Educators (SACE). These aspects enable learners to be assured of quality assessment in accordance with policy.
Enhanced CurriculumStudents can choose one of our fun software courses as an option to enhance their resume.
These courses are advance tertiary level software courses and gives a student the opportunity to kickstart their career and skill level. The Presidents Award programme is offered to students from 14 years old, this non-formal education focuses on developing the wider life skills which help young people ensure they are ready for the world. When paired with formal education, it provides a fantastic foundation for a young person to thrive and succeed in their future professional and personal growth.
To further support 21st Century skills we offer Tertiary Courses as part of our enhancement programmes to our students.
Find out about CTU's in-school career driven introduction courses in IT, Design, Business/Management, Engineering & Humanities.
University Guidance and Subject / Course AdviceUniversity Guidance sessions are arranged with students and parents to ensure successful applications to their chosen degree programmes. Our subject/course advice is given in plan of their future career and recommendations are implemented from Management to ensure options for future tertiary study.
Enrol for the President's awardThis is an internationally recognized programme that exists to equip persons between the ages of 14-24 to succeed in life and work. This award also counts towards resume building as well as points of admission to tertiary institutions. Our enrolled students may enquire with any of the admissions staff for further details and pricing.
Fee Structure for 2021
|Year Groups||Annual Fee||Payments monthly in advance over 11 months||Once-off registration fee|
|Grade 8 - 11*||R 23 400.00||R 1 950.00||R 2 000.00|
*Grade 12 available from 2023
- A once off application fee of R 350.00 is payable for applications.
- Registration fee is a once off fee of R 2 000.00, payable on registration and is non-refundable. There is no discount on registration fee.
- School fees are payable by the 7th of each month.
- Discount on full payment (in advance) of Annual School Fee: 5% discount on 2021 fee
School fees for 2021 exclude the following:
- The e-learning device (laptop/desktop) and any insurance,
- Maintenance or other costs relating to the device itself.
- All e-books/textbooks and learning materials
- Additional stationery that may be required
- Enrolment fees,
- Travel costs,
- Therapists’ or psychologists’ fees and any additional assessments required.
School fees for 2021 include the following:
- Access Points facilities, including WIFI, supervision and student recreational facilities.
- All education software licences required,
- Mind Sparks Mathematics programme,
- Microsoft Office 365 which includes:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Outlook
- LMS access and reporting
Welcome pack includes:
- Starter information pack
- Login and access details for online learning
- Mind Sparks information pamphlet
- All lessons are live with a structured timetable, from 7:45am - 14:15pm.
- Full interaction with subject teachers and facilitators.
- Afternoon revision lessons uploaded and available.
- A maximum of 25 students per class.
- University guidance sessions with students and parents in preparation for students' careers.
- Termly academic records are issued to each student.
- CTU campuses at any nearby campus, with access to WIFI, supervision and fun student facilities.
- Scheduled tasks, formal assessments, school-based assessments, and practical assessment tasks.
- Access to and utilisation of the Mindspark programme.
- All required education software licences.
- Microsoft office 365, which includes MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
Get In TouchHave an enquiry? We would love to help!
Have a complaint? We will gladly assist!
Fill out the contact form and we will be in touch shortly. We look forward to hearing from you.
NEW PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS / ENQUIRIES
CALL OUR NATIONAL CONTACT CENTRE
0861 100 395