Rugby High Performance programme
The SRA application form must be completed and submitted with the latest Grade 12 results, copy of the student’s ID, rugby achievements and references. Visit the SRA website and follow the application link. Students will also be subject to a strict selection process, which involves the following:
- Initial screening: Submission of the application form – along with a Rugby CV and credible references from previous coaches. A video link of previous games will be an advantage.
- Further screening: A comprehensive medical examination (for the student’s own account) at the beginning of the year by the appointed medical providers of the SRA. Fitness and skills tests will be conducted during the induction week at the SRA.
- Ongoing screening, monitoring and evaluations: The student will be subject to continuous HP (High Performance) evaluations during the programme.
- The student will be required to have consultations with a qualified nutritionist (for the student’s own account) at the commencement of the programme, as well as every term. The nutritionist will visit the SRA during every term to adjust meal plans according to the student’s performance.
Take note that players must meet certain minimum medical requirements during the tests. Students who successfully qualify for, complete the HP Programme, and meet all the evaluation and performance criteria will be supported and exposed for placement or exchange both nationally and internationally. The cost of international placement or exchange will be determined once a placement is secured and will be for the student’s own account.
Rugby and Academic Combination programme
and completing the standard SRA rugby programme. The student will complete the short courses as per the High Performance Programme and the chosen academic programme from CTU Training Solutions.
The SRA application form must be completed and submitted with the latest Grade 12 results, copy of the student’s ID, rugby achievements and references. Visit the SRA website and follow the application link.
- CTU entry requirements: Please take note that every academic programme offered by CTU through its various faculties has specific entry requirements. (www.ctutraining.ac.za)
- All SRA registered students will be subject to a medical evaluation (for the student’s own account) at the start of the year, either by his own medical practitioner or the appointed practitioner from SRA. The completed medical
evaluation has to be submitted to the SRA.
- All registered students will be subject to the fitness/conditioning and skills tests at the start of the year.
CTU Academic programmes to choose from