CTU students will receive an “Office 365
Education for Students” account.
- 50GB mailbox
- 1TB OneDrive space
- Office Web Apps
- Skype Collaboration between students
This account’s e-mail address will give you access to:
- Microsoft Imagine Web Store for software
- Prescribed textbooks on O’Reilly Online Learning
- Autodesk students versions
- CTU Student Portal
- Adobe ID
Edge Learning Media
You are required to order your books directly through EDGE Learning Media. Please follow the procedure set out below:
- Please visit www.edgelearningmedia.com
- Click on the Shop icon (picture of a trolley)
situated at the top of the page
- Under the College tab, register as a college
- Fill in your first name and add your student
number in this tab
- Fill in your last name
- Fill in your email address
- Under College, please fill in the CTU college
address that you will be attending
- Click on Submit
Your information request will then be reviewed. Once all is in order, Edge Learning will activate your account and provide you with access to purchase the book packs.
You will be emailed a password, which you can use together with your email address to order your items.
- Once you have signed in, you will be taken to your dashboard screen.
- Click on Books to Order for the books to be displayed.
- Select the books you wish to order by selecting the Add to Cart tab.
- Each time you select a book you wish to order, you will be taken to the shopping cart screen. You may then click on Proceed to Checkout or Continue Shopping until you have selected all the books you require.
- Once you have completed your online shopping, proceed to checkout and complete the ordering process.
- Complete the billing information and select a delivery method. Please note that these costs will be added onto the costs of the books you have selected.
- You will then be prompted to accept the additional days for printing. Please accept to continue.
- Next, you will be taken to the Payment screen, where you can select credit card or EFT.
- Once payment has been received, we will print your order and dispatch it via the courier method you have selected.
Should you have any queries regarding placing your order or tracking your order, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Edge Learning Media will not be held liable for any refunds/returns resulting from purchases made on the incorrect student profile.
O’Reilly Online Learning
An online library of books, video and tutorial resources and pre-published manuscripts.
- Access to titles from more than 100 publishers.
- Dynamic day-by-day updates of new books, videos, pre-published manuscripts and content from these same leading publishers included in price.
- Mobile access: Android & iOS.
Cisco Network Academy
Cisco Networking Academy is an IT skills and career building program for learning institutions and individuals worldwide. Cisco Networking Academy identifies and develops the skills people and businesses need to thrive in a digital economy. The Networking Academy curriculum is delivered online using a proprietary learning platform in partnership with local learning institutions. Cisco provides the curriculum, learning platform, and support resources.
CTU Community Portal
Register and sign in on ctutraining.ac.za. Once you have done this you have access to the career portal where you can:
An online learner management system that is exclusive to CTU students where they can access additional learning resources.
NATED Learning Materials
The sourcing of quality Learning Material can be fraught with pitfalls, we have quality materials readily available which carry the endorsement of the education department. They are available for downloading from future manager app (eBook for humanities – https://www.futuremanagers.com/stepby-step-instructions/)and list of books are available at all our campuses which contribute to advancing professionalism in teaching and learning.
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later, or Opera 11
- 128MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6 or v10.7
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 256MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory.
Steps to download an Ebook on your PC (After payment confirmation)
- Our eBooks for PCs use Adobe™ Flash Player and although earlier versions may work, our ebooks have been optimised for Adobe™ Flash Player version 11 and we recommend installing it by following this link – http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Note that certain browsers like Firefox will automatically prompt you to install the latest Flash Player.
- Click on the link you’ve been provided with to download the eBook
- When you click on the provided link you will need to insert your email address and password to view your eBook.
- You can read the eBook live on the Internet or you can choose to download the eBook to your PC by clicking on “Options” on the top leand selecting “Download online version”.
- Depending on your web browser, you will be given the option to open or save the le. Select the option to save the le and please take note in which folder you save the file.
- Once the download is completed, locate your eBook in the folder where you saved the le and double click on the eBook icon to open it. It will extract a zip file and create a folder with the same name next to it.
- Double-click on the folder and if you are on a PC double-click on the executable (.exe) le with the title of the book. If you are using a Mac double-click the green logo with the title of the eBook
- You will be prompted to enter your email address and password. Note that although it is an online version of the eBook, you have to be connected to the Internet for your eBook to authenticate the first time.
Requirement: A device (tablet) and a minimum of 5GB data are required to access training material. Optional: Should you prefer to use or purchase your own PC for studies at home or laptop for studies at the campus, refer to this document or the website for more information or contact the nearest campus for device specifications.